Manage and maintain all areas of front end development for web applications and marketing website assets. You are a self-starter, work well as an individual or within teams, and have flexibility to modify priorities quickly. Translating product requirements and concepts into modern UI/UIX is mandatory while pushing your boundaries to innovate and deliver highly usable and friendly web applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop functional and modern web and mobile-based applications based on current and future product requirements
• Provide web app maintenance and enhancements
• Contribute to functional requirement documents and specifications in partnership with product and engineering team members
• Create quality mockups and prototypes that ensure feasible UI/UIX designs
• Regularly review and validate application optimization for speed and scalability, responsiveness (mobile)
• Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
• Use CSS to manage layout and design elements that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
• Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
• Promote usability best practices
• Optimize application for speed, usability, bugs and mobile platforms
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to translate product requirements into modern UI/UIX design and implementation
• Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Demonstrated proficiency with Bootstrap 3
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them including Google tags for analytics and app usage
• Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
• Experience with PHP, MySQL, NoSQL, REST, JSON, and database architecture.
• Experience with Amazon AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, Elasticache or equivalent platform service is strongly desired.
• Development experience for both mobile (iOS, Android) and desktop.
• Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
• Active github repository that demonstrates your expertise.
Experience & Education
• BS in a computer related field.
• 5+ years of demonstrable experience required
This position requires meeting in Palo Alto at least once per week. A combination of telecommuting, remot3 work, and in person meetings are required.
remot3.it (pronounced remote-it) provides secure enterprise class network connectivity solutions for Linux based devices deployed in the field. Built on AWS cloud architecture, remot3.it allows Developers, IT groups, and support personnel to utilize a web application or to implement API’s to easily connect, manage, and maintain networked devices across LANs, WANs and cellular data connections.
The company has recently closed a successful Series A from a prominent global investment firm and is poised to enter its next phase of growth. As a startup, we are a small group of seasoned technology experts looking to build out the team with strong candidates who can contribute and grow in a rapidly changing work environment.
Located in downtown Palo Alto, we work remotely and meet regularly to ensure deliverables, productivity and work/life balance exceed expectations.